Business Development Director
Position Description/ Duties
Essential functions of this position include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of current market conditions and work closely with the VP of Operations, President and other members of the NUARI team to increase sales opportunities and maximize opportunities.
- Prospect new clients, identify key stakeholders and decision makers, establish client needs and requirements, define success criteria and facilitate training demonstrations as necessary to convert prospects into new clients.
- Develop new business within the Institute’s core markets and in new markets to achieve institutional objectives. This entails the development of new clients, the formation of strategic partnerships and the management of complex contract negotiations.
- Create proposals, RFP responses, client presentations and the facilitation of product/training demonstrations.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that helps to set NUARI’s strategic direction, and develop and execute the DECIDE business development plan and initiatives consistent with the overall strategy.
- Lead NUARI team to ensure a superior and differentiated experience for our clients.
- Work independently to achieve goals.
- Be the driving force in the development of work ethic, culture and values of the business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach, which will reinforce the company’s culture and reputation in the marketplace.
- Home office location should be near critical markets.
- Travel as needed for client-facing meetings (50%).
- Supervises account representative(s) and marketing/communications specialist (20-25%).
- Contribute to establishing the NUARI business development team.
Education, Training, and Related Experience
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- At least five years professional level experience in business development
- Experience in cyber risk assessment and cyber exercises
- Experience in data analysis and reporting is essential
- Experience in the financial sector or national security preferred
- Experience in market development for software and services preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Business startup of new product or evolving market experience
- Strong analytical skills, outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail are a must
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced Excel or database experience helpful
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner; exhibit grace under pressure
- Ability to relate effectively with all members of a diverse academic community
- Service driven focus
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit http://nuari.org for more information.