Software Development Internships
Position Description/ Duties
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking smart, enthusiastic student(s) for part-time internship positions working closely with experienced software engineers, data architects, and subject matter experts to support development and deployment of network and web-enterprise cyber security products. Duties will include supporting the technical team, as directed, in research, specification, design, programming, testing, and documentation of software products. This is a paid part-time position ($15 per hour) intended for the 2016-17 academic year (with option to start in summer 2016.)
Required Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled in college and pursuing a major in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
- Proficient using basic computer productivity software such as MS Office
- Decent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic, commitment, and teamwork
- Authorized to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with formal software development standards and processes
- Familiar with web enterprise programming languages
- Familiar with software development languages and CASE tools
- Familiar with Linux operating system
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit http://nuari.org for more information.