About Norwich University Applied Research Institutes:
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) was federally chartered under legislation sponsored by Sen. Patrick Leahy in 2002 and is funded in part through the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. NUARI was established as a national center to address cyber incident management challenges through research, training programs, and technology development and has been a global leader for more than a decade in developing cyber war gaming, distributed learning technology, distributed simulation technology, critical infrastructure exercises, and cybersecurity.
A Cybersecurity Specialist for NUARI balances the roles of Domain Administrator and Analyst and works directly with the Security Situation Center (SSC) to aid with the implementation of new tools, maintaining existing tools, analysis of logs for malicious activity, and consultation for cyber frameworks such as ISO, NIST, and MITRE. Position may include needing to travel to client locations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working with the SSC’s clients to aid with system implementation,
- Installing and maintaining security software to protect data systems,
- Aiding in the development and implementation of best practices and compliance requirements,
- Responding to data threats and incidents to limit risk and loss,
- Deploying, utilizing, and maintaining the Elastic Stack, Splunk, or similar tools to collect and analyze disparate data and develop courses of action for the SSC and its clients,
- Deploying, utilizing, and maintaining cloud services (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP) to build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure for the SSC and its clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Windows and/or Linux operating systems, networking protocols, and security platforms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and log aggregation),
- Proficiency with deploying and troubleshooting systems, applications, and tools,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Problem-solving and critical thinking,
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex data sets,
- Extensive knowledge of computer science and information systems,
- Extensive knowledge of security frameworks,
- Time management skills to meet project deadlines,
- Willingness to work as part of a team for tasks, projects, and other assignments,
- Willingness to learn and adapt to an evolving environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related field,
- Experience as a system administrator or domain administrator for enterprise systems for a variety of cybersecurity tools,
- Scripting skill in one or more languages or shells (e.g., python, PowerShell).
- Certifications are a plus related to network, security, and/or cyber analysis, such as CompTIA Sec+, CompTIA CySA+, CCNA, CCENT, CCNA-Security, or MTA.
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior, Senior Web Application Developer NUARI
About Norwich University Applied Research Institutes:
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) was federally chartered under legislation sponsored by Sen. Patrick Leahy in 2002 and is funded in part through the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. NUARI was established as a national center to address cyber incident management challenges through research, training programs, and technology development and has been a global leader for more than a decade in developing cyber war gaming, distributed learning technology, distributed simulation technology, critical infrastructure exercises, and cyber security.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking a full-time Junior/Senior Web Application Developer to support expanded research and development of technology products and services that establish a cybersecurity risk framework and enable cybersecurity resiliency for real-world critical infrastructures. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic individual that will work closely with the current team of model & simulation engineers, software developers, data architects, and subject matter experts.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Design and implement software for enterprise-level, web-based applications.
Develop models, simulations, and process flows that represent real-world systems.
Improve the current server applications for performance, scalability, security, and maintainability.
Write clean, well-tested, and maintainable code.
Support continuous improvement of NUARI's Distributed Environment for Critical Infrastructure Decision-making Exercises (DECIDE®) platform.
Stay up to date on, and leverage, the latest web technologies.
Mentor junior developers
Face-to-face collaboration for this position is critical. Our flexible work environment may allow for telecommuting during a portion of work effort. A relocation package may be considered with a written employment offer.
**Web, and Sr. Web Developers will have additional leadership and managerial responsibilities to include oversight and performance of team member's tasks listed above.
Required Skills & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
Minimum 4 years of experience in web-based software design, development, and testing.
Enterprise web development experience.
Experience with development tools such as NetBeans, Eclipse, or comparable IDEs.
Experience in software model & simulation design and development.
Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and superb attention to detail.
Mobile app development experience.
Authorized to work in the United States.
Desired Skills & Experience
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical discipline.
5+ years of experience leading enterprise-level web server design, development, and deployment in a secure cloud computing environment.
5+ years of experience in software model & simulation design and development.
Knowledgeable in AngularJS framework / Model-View-Controller.
Proficiency using Apache Maven, continuous integration, and issue-tracking software.
Working knowledge of cybersecurity, information security, and/or information assurance.
Experience working on projects employing Agile methods.
Working knowledge of User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) design and implementation.
Understanding of data-driven design and implementation.
Experience in establishing quality assurance processes and implementing automated testing
Experience in commercial product launch and product lifecycle support.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit https://nuari.org for more information.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to John Kunelius at email@example.com